St. Stephen's Musings

:: St. Stephen's Musings ::

:: Welcome to St. Stephen's Musings :: Bloghome | contact me by email |
Blog Roll
:: St. Stephen's Musings
Archives

:: Friday, November 05, 2004 ::

On Campus, Poem, and a New Translation: Random Friday Musings

* I was on campus at the university all morning on Thursday doing research for a paper, working in the computer lab, and reading literary theory textbooks at the local coffee shop. While I was there it dawned on me that it had been 6 years since I'd spent more than 4 hours in a row on a college campus. Being a part-time commuter student for so long had made me forget how much fun it was to be a "real" student....

* The collective mood on campus has never been so despondent and suicidal. Hmmmmm....it couldn't have anything to do with the events of Tuesday night, now could it?

* My sister-in-law is a very talented artist. Check out her latest poem.. (The wife and I were at the same party, helping the kids make carmel apples).

* This is hilarious. One of my favorites is their version of John 6:53-54:

Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, if you think you are eating the flesh of the Son of Man and drinking his blood, you are an idolater, and you have no life in you. Whoever recognizes that I'm speaking figuratively here, even though I could not possibly have chosen a more misleading way to phrase it, is a true disciple, and he has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."




:: Karl :: 8:47:00 AM [Link] ::


RSS Feed This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?