St. Stephen's Musings

:: St. Stephen's Musings ::

:: Welcome to St. Stephen's Musings :: Bloghome | contact me by email |
Blog Roll
:: St. Stephen's Musings
Archives

:: Friday, October 15, 2004 ::

What Can Happen in One Second

He slammed head first into oncoming traffic just after reaching dangerous speeds of 35-40 mph on a road filled with curves. He clipped my car as he swerved to avoid rear-ending me but there was no time for either me or the other drivers to get out of the way.

The man was now motionless, crumpled on the ground and surrounded by broken glass, mangled plastic, and a crushed motorcycle.

Stunned witnesses began to gather at the scene, some checking to see if the man was conscious and the rest asking me what happened since I had so clearly seen the impact just feet away from my car.

The driver of the truck the motorcyclist hit stood a few feet away, trembling. Sirens wailed in the distance while a bright sunny day suddenly grew a little darker.

I made the sign of the cross and tried to breathe....

Please keep Bryan in your prayers. His status is unknown at this time.




:: Karl :: 8:04:00 AM [Link] ::


RSS Feed This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?