St. Stephen's Musings

:: St. Stephen's Musings ::

:: Welcome to St. Stephen's Musings :: Bloghome | contact me by email |
Blog Roll
:: St. Stephen's Musings
Archives

:: Monday, October 18, 2004 ::

Latin Is The Key to Decoding The Campaign

I've been teaching simple, first person singular Latin verbs to my class at Agia Sophia Academy the last couple of weeks. Therefore, this tidbit made me chuckle:

Michael Foley, responding to David Mills' essay "Unimposing Kerry":

I was thinking that your tag, "Values I Cannot Impose on Others," deserves to take on a life of its own. It could be called VICIO for short, which, interestingly enough, makes it resemble a Latin verb in the first person singular. Though there is no such verb as "Vicio" in Latin, "Vicis" does mean change or alteration (hence our word, "vicissitude"), so perhaps "vicio" could be translated as "I flip-flop."




:: Karl :: 10:21:00 AM [Link] ::


RSS Feed This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?