St. Stephen's Musings

:: St. Stephen's Musings ::

:: Welcome to St. Stephen's Musings :: Bloghome | contact me by email |
Blog Roll
:: St. Stephen's Musings
Archives

:: Monday, September 13, 2004 ::

The Ducks, First Day, Advice, and Beauty: Random Monday Musings

* I lost my voice amidst 57,000+ loyal and rabid fans at this heartbreaker on Saturday. Seven turnovers absolutely killed us, yet we still could have won the game in the final minutes. Now I have to figure out a way of teaching this week with a very raspy voice!

* I had my first full day of teaching Latin last Friday. The kids are respectful and sharp, the facilities are excellent, the curriculum superb. Now, if only the teacher wasn't so green....

* Simon has a great post for new bloggers to check out. One of my favorites is #30: "Just like in life, extremism beats moderation and emotion beats logic. If you want reasoned discourse prepare to dwell in oblivion. If you want invective and ill-considered responses, watch the hits come in."

* Liturgical prayer of the week: "Sanctify those who love the beauty of your house." Appreciating and co-creating heavenly architecture, music, iconography, design, and sense of space are part of what it means to be an Orthodox Christian. As Dostoevsky said, "Beauty will save the world." The world certainly needs it.

Update: My voice held up pretty well today in class and three of the students said they love Latin and are glad I'm one of their teachers!




:: Karl :: 7:46:00 AM [Link] ::


RSS Feed This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?