St. Stephen's Musings

:: St. Stephen's Musings ::

:: Welcome to St. Stephen's Musings :: Bloghome | contact me by email |
Blog Roll
:: St. Stephen's Musings
Archives

:: Monday, July 26, 2004 ::

Pontificating and Personality Types

The more I've gotten involved in blogging about theological issues, the less interested I am in actually talking about them verbally. It is a strange thing in many ways.

I have this funny feeling that those who only know me through the blog have a very skewed image in their mind of my personality. I'm actually quite taciturn in large groups; even when theology, philosophy, or other topics I love are being discussed.

Being an INTJ, I tend to be quite shy and introverted. While I love deep one-on-one discussions, I abhor large groups and the interpersonal dynamics they create. Authentic interaction seems to be inversely proportional to the number of people involved.

When I first became Orthodox (and even before that) I hardly ever missed an opportunity to verbally rant, argue, muse, or otherwise pontificate on theology or philosophical issues.....or, quite frankly, any area where I felt I had some "expertise." I was an intellectual in the worst sense of the word.

Pontificating has often been a favorite hobby and in some ways that hasn't changed. Nowadays, however, I pretty much try to keep this habit of mine contained within the blogosphere.

Update: "It seems that the harder I try to draw near to God, the less I have to blog about."




:: Karl :: 8:27:00 AM [Link] ::


RSS Feed This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?