St. Stephen's Musings

:: St. Stephen's Musings ::

:: Welcome to St. Stephen's Musings :: Bloghome | contact me by email |
Blog Roll
:: St. Stephen's Musings
Archives

:: Friday, May 28, 2004 ::

The Cavernous Divide

The wife and I went to our first official prenatal appointment on Wednesday.

It was too early to hear the heartbeat, but we had a lot of questions answered and continued to establish a strong relationship with the midwives. We are impressed with what they offer; both in terms of technical knowledge and personal care.

I have been suprised at how calm I've been since we confirmed the pregnancy. It is a strange state of being for me.

Chance, in his 5/24 post, writes that "there is a cavernous divide that separates my constant existence and the one I ought to strive for." I know what he means. As a habitual worrier, I even fret about my worrying...or lack thereof!

I'm not sure whether my relative sense of peace right now is due more to tired resignation or grateful acceptance--honestly, probably a bit of both.




:: Karl :: 8:59:00 AM [Link] ::


RSS Feed This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?