St. Stephen's Musings

:: St. Stephen's Musings ::

:: Welcome to St. Stephen's Musings :: Bloghome | contact me by email |
Blog Roll
:: St. Stephen's Musings
Archives

:: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 ::

Da Vinci Code Insanity

I've now heard this conversation three times in the last two weeks, almost word for word, in three separate restaurants:

Affluent Boomer woman #1: "I just finished the Da Vinci Code. Wow, what a fantastic book!"

Affluent Boomer woman #2: "Yes, isn't it!

#1: "It just amazes me that people could still believe in Christianity after reading this book. I mean, it like, totally pokes holes in the Church's teaching, left and right."

#2 (Sneering): "I know what you mean!" (Pause in the conversatin to take a bite of food):

#2: "Have you read "The Gnostic Gospels" by Pagels?"

#1: "Not yet, but I hear they are just wonderful!"

You can guess how the rest of the conversation went.

Update: This is the kind of response to the Da Vinci Code I wish more people would have. Brilliant.




:: Karl :: 12:32:00 PM [Link] ::


RSS Feed This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?