St. Stephen's Musings

:: St. Stephen's Musings ::

:: Welcome to St. Stephen's Musings :: Bloghome | contact me by email |
Blog Roll
:: St. Stephen's Musings
Archives

:: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 ::

Exhausted by the Epicureans

I finished my Ancient Philosophy final ealier today on fire and with a bang. I should get an "A" for the term.

The course, which began with such promise, ended up being rather pathetic. We spent way too much time with Lucretius, who I despise even more now thanks to this class. My fellow students seemed to be hand-picked for their rabid secular materialism and caustic method of arguing. It reminded me when I was at PU full time.

Anyway, if I have to hear one more person snicker with glee as a professor solemnly intones ".... and thus, as Lucretius so brilliantly shows us, we have no free will," I will gag. And I'll do it because I choose to, not because the atoms of the universe determined my reflex.



:: Karl :: 9:46:00 PM [Link] ::


RSS Feed This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?