St. Stephen's Musings

:: St. Stephen's Musings ::

:: Welcome to St. Stephen's Musings :: Bloghome | contact me by email |
Blog Roll
:: St. Stephen's Musings
Archives

:: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 ::





Is Your Church Good Enough for Your Wedding?

Two old friends from my wife's college have announced they are getting married this summer.

One of the natural questions that always comes up with newly engaged couples is "Where is the wedding going to be?" I have begun to notice a curious phenomenon among my Protestant friends in regards to the answer to this question. Almost invariably the place where the ceremony will be held is NOT in the same building where they go to church.

As I thought about this, it made sense in a way. I mean, who would want to have one of the happiest days of one's life held in a gymnasium? Or in white walled, olive green and burnt orange carpeted, stuffy sanctuary? Or in a warehouse, with a large projection screen hanging on the front wall?

Now I know there are a thousand logistical and financial and otherwise decent reason for not being married at one's church. But setting those aside for a moment, I have a question for my many friends who would never dream of being married in the actual building of the church they attend:

Why is your church building good enough to worship Jesus Christ in, but not good enough for your wedding day?




:: Karl :: 5:07:00 PM [Link] ::


RSS Feed This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?