St. Stephen's Musings

:: St. Stephen's Musings ::

:: Welcome to St. Stephen's Musings :: Bloghome | contact me by email |
Blog Roll
:: St. Stephen's Musings
Archives

:: Friday, December 06, 2002 ::




Trying to See

I've had the worst eye pain the past few days....itching, burning, dull pain....the kind of thing that is just bad enough to make me lose my concentration and unable to think of much else; yet not quite bad enough to force me into the doctor's office. I'm not sure if it is allergies or what--maybe spending too much time in front of a computer, perhaps!

With my thoughts mostly on my eyes, I've been pondering about what it means to "see." I've spent gobs of time and money on trying to fix my eyes--drops, allergy medicine, herbal eyewashes, vitamins--you name it. But I have to ask myself: am I spending the same energy and resources in trying to clear up my spiritual eyesight? Am I combating the itching of the lust of that second, or third look at a beautiful woman? Am I taking in the "vitamins" of prayer and fasting to clear up the dull pain of despair? Am I willing to go out of my way to take that plank out of my own eye when I'm tempted to judge my neighbor? Do I run to the hospital of the nous, the Church, when I am unable to see the blessings and love of God in the world?

It is amazing how I take for granted the blessings in my life! Both physical and spiritual!


:: Karl :: 2:10:00 PM [Link] ::


RSS Feed This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?