St. Stephen's Musings

:: St. Stephen's Musings ::

:: Welcome to St. Stephen's Musings :: Bloghome | contact me by email |
Blog Roll
:: St. Stephen's Musings
Archives

:: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 ::




Welcome to St. Stephen's Musings!

St. Stephen, the Protomartyr, is my patron saint--while I'm certainly not worthy of his name, I decided to name my blog after him. His eloquence and his zeal for the truth continue to be an inspiration to me.

After being a "blog" surfer for a couple of years now, I've decided it is time to start one of my own....

I will be writing about issues related to Eastern Orthodox theology, general philosohpy, social commentary, politics and just random thoughts or musings.

A little personal background....I am an Orthodox Christian, having been received into the "One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church" by baptism and chrismation in June of 1998....I am 26 years old, married for one year to an amazing Orthodox woman, still working on a B.A degree in English with a Philosophy minor from PSU....was raised Anglican and Foursquare then dabbled in Buddhism for a year in college before finding Orthodoxy....

I currently work in the advertising industry and have spent time over the past 7 years as a journalist, film production coordinator, and restaurant manager....

Some of my favorite books are: G.K. Chesterton's "Orthodoxy"; C.S Lewis' "That Hideous Strength"; Bishop Ware's "The Orthodox Way"; Richard Weaver's "Ideas Have Consequences".....and MANY others!

More to come soon....

Karl

:: Karl :: 9:07:00 AM [Link] ::


RSS Feed This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?