St. Stephen's Musings

:: St. Stephen's Musings ::

:: Welcome to St. Stephen's Musings :: Bloghome | contact me by email |
Blog Roll
:: St. Stephen's Musings
Archives

:: Thursday, November 28, 2002 ::




Giving thanks for the love of a wife:

This Thanksgiving I have much to be thankful for.

But this morning, I was reminded again how much I depend on the purity and devotion of my wife. Although I have been Orthodox for more than four years and my wife for a little more than one year, she is far and away acheving a level of holiness that I can only hope to attain! For some reason, the attacks of the evil one were strong as I got up this morning and I just did not feel like getting ready to go to Liturgy. After going to the beautiful Akathist last night, one would think I would be in a state of anticipation for worship the next morning. But thoughts of reading the paper, or of devouring the new edition of "First Things," or a hundred other more interesting things leaped into my mind as better alternatives than Liturgy.

But Carrie's gentle spirit as she prepared for Liturgy reminded me of why every day should be a day of thanksgiving....and what better way to celebrate it than by participating in the worship of the Trinity!

Glory to God for the love of wives!







:: Karl :: 2:46:00 PM [Link] ::


RSS Feed This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?